Background & experience
As well as gaining a Diploma in Management for Creative Industries in 2003, I've also learned the principles and practice of creative producing over the years thanks in large part to my hands-on involvement in some ambitious community arts projects, initially as a coordinator, project manager and occasionally a performer with Dance Agency Cornwall, and later on, as a freelancer in various guises, on projects such as 'The Star Path' in 1999, 'Boz Looan: Selling the Wind' in 2002, Polperro Festival in 2003, 'The Road To The Beach' in 2004, and others.
More recently I've begun developing projects as a co-producer and producer, working with Wadebridge Creative Hub on BikeLights, a fantastic bike-based illuminated processive festival, and its arts/heritage wrap-around sister project, 'FIRE & STEAM', which I have conceived and run; on Mayes Creative's 'Deep Space' and other elements of their Dark Skies: Bright Stars project; as a Founding artist with ARTiculate on the Life Lights Island Light Festival and Words On The Wing; and also on my own projects such as The Early Bird.
My recent producing includes:
- Words On The Wing (Producer): concept development and delivery of ARTiculate's bird-themed and bird inspired 'migratory' and online story arts project, working to help alleviate lockdown and COVID through shared art gifts and creative art packs posted out across our partner communities in North Cornwall and on the Isles of Scilly, Summer 2020
- LIFE LIGHTS Island Light Festival Isles of Scilly (Producer): Development and delivery of an ambitious two week ARTiculate community & school arts residency and festival, celebrating saving lives at sea, St Mary’s & St Agnes, Scilly, Feb 2020
- FIRE & STEAM (Producer): overall concept, fundraising, development & delivery on behalf of Wadebridge Creative Hub from 2019-2021; an ambitious wrap-around arts & heritage project, incorporating BikeLights 2019 and involving a range of creative, cultural and heritage partners, with kind support from The National Lottery Heritage Fund, Arts Council England and FEAST
- Treasure Island! (Producer): highly successful first community pantomime produced on behalf of Hopeful Monsters Theatre Company in collaboration with Wadebridge Town Council, Dec 2019
- BikeLights 2019 (Co-producer): development & delivery of twin themed illuminated events and a full creative community & schools programme in Wadebridge & Bodmin, for/with Wadebridge Creative Hub, 2019, tying in to the wider FIRE & STEAM project and theme
- Wadebridge Christmas Wonderland 2019 (Producer): Christmas procession including leading on schools & community arts residency and creation of large swan build (pictured) for Wadebridge Chamber of Commerce, Dec 2019
- The Early Bird & The Word Worms (Producer-practitioner): processive character/performance & roving mini-poetry workshops (pictured) as part of the first Words in Woods Festival at Cardinham Woods with KEAP and IntoBodmin April 2019
- BikeLights 2018: Flying Circus! (Producer): fundraising, development & delivery of illuminated festival including schools/community residencies, Wadebridge Creative Hub 2018-19
- Deep Space (Co-producer): live theatre/performance event incorporating dance, music and other performative elements by a range of partners, inspired by the recording & interpretation of real cosmic rays emanating from deep space. Part of Mayes Creative's Dark Skies: Bright Stars arts/science programme April 2018
- A Midsummer Feast (Co-producer): delivery of small arts festival for Wadebridge Renewable Energy Network & partners, Wadebridge, Spring-summer 2016
- Boscastle Festival 2015 (Producer-practitioner): production of a whole festival weekend of sea-themed community sculpture workshops and large mussel builds (pictured), culminating in two mini community processions for Boscastle Festival Oct 2015
- Comic Relief Young Consultants (Co-producer) a Real Ideas Organisation project that I helped develop and deliver, linkiing up groups of children from five SW schools directly with Comic Relief's education team, focusing on improving engagement with children and young people in both their fundraising campaigns and their funding strands using film and creative media 2007-2010